Saturday, May 12, 2012

Washing the Car

Oh yeah!  The girls washed my car today. Kaitlyn was rather bored as Ella was at a neighbor's house so she decided it was warm enough to wash the car.  She didn't do too bad a job either.  I just backed the car out, filled up the bucket with soap and water and let her and Sophie go (Sophie cleaned the car with a water gun).



Well when Ella came back and found out she was rather upset that she didn't get to do it.  So I told her to go out and help because they were not done.  But that wasn't good enough because she wanted to do it from the start.  Dad should have known!  Where was my head on this one? So she cried and mom was on the phone so I told her to cry in some other room and eventually she realized crying was useless and she went out to help and all was right in the world once again. 

All three of them helped and like I said, they didn't do too bad of a job. It does sparkle a little more but the windows were a little streaky.
Just don't let them climb on the car to do it.  I still have some footprints on the trunk!


The "Blue Velvet" getting a wash


It's important to allow your kids to do some of these things they like to do.  Especially when it helps you in the end.  Don't be afraid that they may actually mess things up a little worse.  The first time they tried to wash my car the windows were filthy but I think they did a better job this time.  I did thank all three of them separately for doing it and of course I got the obligatory "you're welcome Dad!" from them.  Now if I can just get them to vacuum, Oh my God it sucks to go in the inside now!

Dear Pioneer Woman, we made a mushroom chicken for supper with asparagus and strawberries.  Eat your heart out!

No comments:

Post a Comment