Saturday, June 2, 2012

Girls are Back

Girls are back from my Mom and Dad's this week.  The week went quick for us.  I felt bad for Sophie cause it felt like we didn't get much 1on 1 time with her.  It didn't help it was a short work week seeing as how we came back from Bismarck on Monday because of Memorial Day.  On top of that I had to complete a graduation video for someone and had to get it shipped off by Wednesday so once we got home I spent Monday and Tuesday night working on the stinking video so I had no time to spend with her those two nights.  About the most we did was go to Cherry Berry with her Monday evening.  Wednesday I was so tired from staying up until 1:30 - 2am the past two nights that I just wanted to go to bed.  Thursday my sister Lori came and Sophie was so tired from daycare she fell asleep in Heather's arms.  Friday was Relay for Life but we didn't get there until later and then I went to meet up with some friends real quick, by the time I got back to Relay, Sophie was sleeping in Jeff's arms already.  Saturday was time to pick up the other girls already.  That stinks and I feel bad.

Ella and Kaitlyn had fun at my Mom and Dad's I think.  Last few years Kaitlyn would spend a week there towards the end of summer and my mom would take her places.  Years past she has gone to the capitol, Medora, and a water park.  This year was Ella's turn to go with and like the past few years Terresa came to stay with them at the same time.  Thank goodness for that or else it wouldn't have been as fun I think.  The first night I guess Ella was overtired but said she was not tired and her eyes won't close. They tried sleeping in the upstairs bedroom beside mom and dad's.  So Mom took her into their bed and she still wimpered and said she wants her mom and dad.  Eventually she fell asleep and my Dad asked her the next morning if she still wants to go home to which Ella quickly answered "No!".  Theresa came Tuesday and I think life was better, that is until they tried to figure out the sleeping arrangements for all three of them.  Evenutually they decided to sleep on the cushions down stairs together.

They got to go the capitol again because Ella and Theresa never got to see it.  My aunt Rosmary Sperle took them through once again.  They also went to the Herritage Center one day and to Fort Lincoln.  They really seemed to enjoy Fort Lincoln cause that's what I heard the most stories about.  I always thought it was cool too so I can understand.

Oh, one funny while we were in Bismarck and Dykemas quick stopped by Mom and Dad's because they were on their way to MSP.  Before they left they of course told the kids to go potty.  When Conner went to the bathroom Ella said "I hope Conner doesn't make a mess when he does this" and pretends to cup her imaginary penis with both hands and wiggle her hips in a back and forth motion like a fireman trying regain control of an out of control firehose.  Obviously insinuating he was pee all over the toilet.  There is no filter in that girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment